Sergi’s paper has been published in eBiomedicine
Fusing human retinal cells with adult stem cells could be a potential therapeutic strategy to treat retinal damage and visual impairment. We show that cell fusion between Muller Glia cells and adult stem cells can take place in human retinal model systems. The hybrids cells can differentiate towards neural fate and have potential to regenerate the tissue.
Bonilla-Pons SÀ et al. December 2021 eBiomedicine
- Published in NEWS
One Research Engineer and One Postdoctoral positions open!
- One Research Engineer
- 1. Work hand by hand with wet lab scientists to develop new tools and methods analyzing single molecule super resolution imaging data as well as bioinformatic genomic data.
- 2. Maintain and expand the analysis scripts library.
- 3. Develop scripts GUI using Python, R or Matlab code.
- 4. Contribute in the development of analysis pipelines.
- One Postdoc in computational analysis of super resolution imaging data
- 1.-Work hand by hand with our wet lab scientists to develop new tools and methods for analyzing super resolution imaging data. The research projects will make methods for analyzing super resolution imaging data. The research projects will make use of the following Super Resolution Imaging Technologies, among others: Nikon Nstorm, Vutara 352, Oxford NanoImager.
- 2.-Applying Artificial Intelligence approaches to analyze super resolutio imaging data with the general aim to find new features and characteristics of the spatial distribution of chromatin.
- Published in JOBS, Uncategorized
Alvaro’s paper has been published in Nucleic Acids Research
Previous techniques could visualize active areas of transcription, but not give precise information about their shape and size. We imaged nascent RNA spatial accumulations, which we termed RNA nanodomains. We characterized the RNA nanodomains and revealed how they interact with active RNA Polymerase II, the main component of the transcription machinery, and in turn, with small chromatin clutches, one of the smallest units of organization of the DNA fibers.
Castells-Garcia et al. December 2021 Nucleic Acids Research
- Published in NEWS